Due to the volume of food drop-offs at UTHS, the general office will begin a transition process to no longer accept food drop-offs for students during the school day. This includes drop-offs from businesses, parents, siblings, and other students. At the start of the second quarter all food drop-offs will be contained on a table in the main entrance area and starting second semester no food drop-offs will be accepted for students.
Students, the talent show will be next Wednesday, October 25th from 7-9pmin the auditorium. Admission is $3 or 5 cans! All proceeds will go to the Student Hunger Drive. If you would like to try-out to be in the talent show, the sign-up sheet is in the main office. Try-outs are tomorrow after school in the auditorium from 3:15 to 4:45.
– The Student Hunger Drive is in full swing! Make sure you are bringing in those cans! Here are some things we have going on to raise food:
1. Heavy Weight Champs – If you bring in 100 cans or more, let Mrs. Demory or your teacher know and your name will go into the drawing for a new iPad at the Hunger Drive Assembly!
2. 20 cans for a shirt – On November 1st before school, if you bring in 20 cans you will get a Hunger Drive t-shirt! Shirts are limited, so it is first come first serve.
3. Paper cans – for every 10 cans you bring in to your classes, get a paper can from your teacher and fill it out! Each paper can will go into a drawing for prizes at the Hunger Drive Assembly!
– Students and staff, Student Council and the East Moline Police Benevolent will once again be hosting the Panther Pant 5K race! This year, it will be held on November 12th at 1pm! If you are interested in participating, entry forms are in the main office!
If you are interested in being a writer for Panther Players Present An Evening of 10-Minute Plays, meet in room 128E after school on Thursday October 19thfor more information. All students are welcome to contribute an original 10-minute play for the performance in January.
Stop in the library and check out a copy of the book Howl’s Moving Castle. Those who sign up and read the book and report back to Mrs. Carroll will be eligible for an invite to watch the animated movie of Howl’s Moving Castle in December!
Our Read and Win reading program is underway! Congrats to this week’s winner:
Remember, each time you read a book from the read and Win list and talk to the library staff about it, you get entered into our weekly prize drawing.
The top readers will be eligible to take an in-house field trip to select books for the UT library, enjoy a catered lunch and take part in a final prize drawing for a $25 Visa Gift Card!
Sign up in the library!
There will be a Student council meeting this Friday in the Auditorium at 7:30am.
National Honor Society shirt order forms are available in room 220E. Please stop by and pick yours up. Shirts are $17. Money is due to Mrs. Monson with your completed order form by November 10.
National Honor Society will be scaring up some fun again this year at the Haunted Forest in Port Byron on Friday, October 27 from 5pm-midnight. All NHS members and their friends that are interested in joining in on the fun need to sign up in room 220E. We need at least 30 people. Remember that costumes and horror makeup are provided by the staff at the haunted forest. This is our biggest fundraiser each year so please be sure to sign up.
National Honor Society will meet tomorrow Thursday, October 19 at 7:30am in room 220E. We will be covering our events in November and December. Please make plans to attend.
Sheroes will meet tonight after school in room 206 South. We will start discussing plans for projects we will be working on for 2nd quarter. All UT females are welcome to join this club!
Any juniors or seniors interested in Western Illinois University Quad Cities campus have an opportunity to visit. There will be a career activity, mock class, lunch, campus tour and a student discussion. If you are interested, stop by the guidance office to pick up a permission slip. The visit is on October 27th. Permission slips are due back by October 24th. Space is limited and will be given to those who return permission slips first.
College Visits: You must sign up in advance for these visits. Stop in the guidance office to sign up.
October 18 9:55 am
October 19 2:15 pm
U of Wisconsin Madison
October 20 1:20 pm