Seniors: This Friday, October 27, is the final day to have your senior picture taken at Photographic Arts. If you are unable to schedule an appointment with them, you will have the opportunity to have your senior picture taken here at school on November 2 during the retake day. See Mrs. Green in 126E if you have any questions.
If you are interested in auditioning for Panther Players Present an Evening of Ten Minute Plays, come to room 128E right after school on Monday, October 30th to get more information on tryouts and the rehearsal schedule. If you would like to write a play but missed last week’s meeting, talk to Ms. Ahuja before or after school this week!
Keep bringing in those cans! We only have 1 1/2 weeks left so keep up the good work! Just a reminder to let Mrs. Demory know if you bring in 100 cans or more! If you do, your name will go in a drawing to win a free iPAD at the Hunger Drive assembly!!! Mrs. Demory is located in the guidance office.
– Student Council would like to thank everyone that came out last night and supported our UT Talent Show! We had some amazing acts and it was a lot of fun! Our winners overall were: Cristian Hernandez coming in at 3rd place, Brooke Ghess 2nd place and our 2017 Talent show 1st place winner was Kira Konopka! Great job to all participants!
– Hunger Drive information for next week:
1. On Tuesday, October 31st we will again be having the karaoke/DJ back during lunch like we did during Homecoming week! In order to raise food for the Hunger Drive, it will cost 2 canned good items to get in or $1! It will be in the auditorium, so please come and enjoy!
2. On Wednesday, November 1st we will be collecting 20 cans for a HD t-shirt before school in the front foyer! Shirts are first come first serve, so make sure you get there early! We will start collecting the cans at 7:30am!
3. Student Council members, please remember that the Big Yellow Bus flyer distribution is this Sunday, October 29th from Noon to 3pm. If you signed up for this, please meet at the bus barn by 12pm sharp!
4. We have our first heavy weight champ today! Alexis Clark brought in 112 cans! Nice work!!!
All this week during lunch, Key Club will be selling Yuda Bands for $7. Yuda bands are stylish Guatemalan wristbands that celebrate dozens of different activities, sports, lifestyles, messages, and worldviews. All proceeds go to raise money for Chiedza (read: Cheed – zah) Tsvangirai (read: Zvang – gear – eye) a student in Zimbabwe hoping to continue her education. Check out our table in front of the cafeteria, and help us make a difference in the life of a student like you.
Student Council meeting this Friday at 7:30 am in the auditorium.
Seniors, Scholarships are starting to roll in! There are 3 new Scholarships, so stop in to the guidance office and check them out!
College Visits: You must sign up in advance for these visits. Stop in the guidance office to sign up.
Upper Iowa University
October 26 8:55 am
October 31 12:30pm
“Attention male and female track and field athletes: The track teams are collecting food for the Hunger Drive. Drop off any donations in Coach Holschbach’s room 238. Our teams can make a difference.”