READ + WIN
1. Read a book.
2. Tell the library staff about the book.
3. Fill out a slip that enters you into our monthly prize drawing.
For each book you read your name will be entered into this special drawing.
You read 1 books AND You are entered in 1 time.
You read 4 books AND You are entered in 4 times.
You read 20 books AND You are entered in 20 times.
All entries stay in the prize drawing!
The more you read- the more entries you will have!
ABE LINCOLN AWARD
The Abraham Lincoln Award is awarded annually to the author of the book voted as most outstanding by participating students in grades nine through twelve in Illinois. The award is named for Abraham Lincoln, one of Illinois’ most famous residents and himself an avid reader and noted author. The award is sponsored by the Illinois School Library Media Association (ISLMA).The Abraham Lincoln Award is designed to encourage high school students to read for personal satisfaction and become familiar with authors of young adult and adult books.
Read 4 books from the ABE list and cast your vote for Illinois High School Students favorite book!
- Students must read at least 4 books from the state title list, by mid-February in order be eligible to vote.
- Check off the books you have already read.
- Your list will be kept on file at the UT Library.
- Voting for your favorite book form this list will take place in February.
- Earn prize drawing entries and prizes for each book from the list that you read this school year.
ILLINOIS STATE LIBRARY
READ FOR A LIFETIME
Sponsored by the Secretary of State, Illinois State Library.
Read for a Lifetime, the first statewide reading program to target high school students, is designed to promote the enjoyment of reading by encouraging students to read both classic and contemporary literature, and rewarding them for their effort with a certificate upon completion of at least four books.
- Students who want to participate in “Read for a Lifetime” must sign-up by the beginning of October in the UT Library.
- Students must read at least four books from the RFL title list, by mid-April.
- Students who report the required reading will receive certificate of accomplishment signed by Secretary of State, Jesse White.
No reading list! We encourage students to read any of our books in the library.
There is no minimum reading requirement.